Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A New Year and a New Challenge

I have meant to blog for quite sometime, but kept coming up with excuses.
Lack of time being number one.
But I also know that blogging can equal accountability. It can help me attain my goals and focus on my challenges and so I decided that 2010 will be the beginning of my life as a blogger.

A little background. I am an older mom of 3 children 18, 15, and 12. All have challenges. One has a severe peanut allergy. One has colobomas in both eyes and is visually impaired. My youngest has type 1 diabetes. My time and our money is stretched to the max raising these amazing young people and so I have developed some frugal strategies along the way.

I have worked hard to cut down our grocery budget, and have challenged myself to keep the groceries down to $25 per person per week. That would mean $125 per week for our family of 5. That is CANADIAN!

I have found many wonderful bloggers that have managed to cut down their groceries to less but they are in the US and I watch a little enviously at all the deals they have there. Coupon doubling, rebates, countless freebies.... This helps them to cut down their groceries to amazingly low amounts. But I kept thinking, what about me? What about us? Canadians deserve deals too!

So that is what this blog will be about. How a Canadian can trim their budget and save money on groceries and help to keep ourselves in the black and out of the red.

I will post deals, how much I spend, menus some recipes and more. That way I can share with anyone else who would like to cut down expenses too. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment